Breakaway & Safe Hold Training
Location: In-House Duration: Bespoke Cost: Plese call
Our Breakaway and Safe Hold Training has a emphasis on conflict management and de-escalation, that is fully complaint with UK law and has been designed to teach your staff how to manage conflict, de-escalate a potentially aggressive situation. Then in the unfortunate circumstance where the risk to either the ‘service user’ ‘staff member’ or others is too great, how to hold (restrain) a person in a way that is non-harmful and safe. The important thing is to try and ensure that neither the member of staff nor the service user is hurt. Breakaway & Safe Hold training will also improve staff confidence and this confidence often results in a reduction of aggression and aggressive behaviour towards staff.
By the end of the training attendees will be able to
- Define, deal and cope with conflict appropriately, professionally and effectively
- Understand what de-escalation techniques are and how to use them
- Understand the law relating to the use of ‘reasonable force’
- Understand what is Inappropriate and Dangerous techniques
- Understand when it is appropriate to hold (restrain) and not hold service users
- Identify Positional Asphyxia and other high risk positions
- Demonstrate safe effective practical skills in Physical ‘Non-harmful’ (breakaway) techniques.
- Demonstrate safe effective practical skills in Physical ‘Non-harmful’ Safe Hold techniques.
This course has been designed so that staff will have the knowledge, understanding and skills that they will need to act safely, lawfully, appropriately and effectively in challenging, confrontational and often dangerous situations.
- Become an effective trainer who inspires and motivates their learners
- Learn the secrets of successful facilitation
- Acquire tools and techniques to present with confidence
- Create a value based learning culture ensuring transfer of learning back to the workplace
- Enable high quality training by recognising and understanding the needs of your learners