Paediatric First Aid
Please contact us for next available course dates
Level 3 Award in PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID (12hrs)
This course has been developed for those working with children and babies, often attendees would be teachers, child minders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel, au pairs and staff responsible for youth organisations such as guides and scouts.
It meets the Ofsted requirements for registered childminders and the requirements for nannies under the DfES Approved Carers Scheme. It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
The course is delivered over 2 days / 12 hours. ( 2 x 6 hours)
- Regulations, responsibilities and reporting
- The First Aid kit
- Assessment of the situation
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty who is not breathing
- Resuscitation / CPR
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty who is breathing
- Asthma, diabetic & sickle cell anaemia emergencies
- Febrile Convulsions and Seizures
- Heart attacks
- Bleeding and Shock
- Anaphylactic shock, bites and stings
- Foreign objects (Eyes, ears & noses)
- Eye injuries
- Fractures & dislocations
- Heat stroke, heat exhaustion and hypothermia
- Burns & Scalds
- Electric Shock
Candidates will be assessed by ongoing practical assessment throughout the course by the tutor, candidates will also be required to complete a 20 question multi choice assessment paper, candidates must achieve 15 correct answers.
A Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid certificate which is valid for three years will be awarded to all candidates who have met the practical assessment criteria and also achieved the minimum correct answers in the multi choice assessment.
For on site training this course can be delivered over 2 consecutive days (preferred) or over 2 days.