Emergency First Aid at Work
Please contact us for available course dates
The Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) is suitable for anyone wishing to learn basic first aid skills or where an employer’s assessment of their First Aid needs identifies that a Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work(QCF) is not necessary, the minimum requirement for an employer is to appoint a person to take charge of the First Aid arrangements. This includes looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the Emergency Services when required. Arrangements should be made for an Appointed Person to be available to undertake these duties at all times when people are at work.
This course is ideal for individuals who wish to gain knowledge of emergency procedures and First Aid and gain a recognised qualification in First Aid.
The duration of this course is 6-hours, consisting of theory and practical work with assessments and a written assessment.
- What is first aid?
- What are your roles and responsibilities.
- How to conduct a primary survey.
- How to manage an unconscious casualty.
- Seizure management.
- Treating a casualty who is choking.
- Treating a casualty who is in cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Treating wounds and bleeding and the identification and treatment of shock.
- Treating burns and other minor injuries.
- How to prevent cross infection during first aid.
- Legal aspects of first aid.
This Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work course is informative, fun and innovative. During the training you will understand the theory and demonstrate how to safely deal with emergencies, with an emphasis on those occurring in the workplace. Handling `life threatening` situations is covered, as well as recognising and responding to some of the more common ailments that may be encountered in the workplace.
Make a booking
Please click below to book a course. We will contact you within 3 working days to confirm your booking.
If you would like to find out more about one of our courses, please fill out the form below.
Free course updates
Please sign up to receive our latest course updates
Share this course