Location: In-House Duration: 1 day Cost: £395
Our Breakaway Training has a emphasis on conflict management and de-escalation, that is fully complaint with UK law and has been designed to teach your staff how to manage conflict, de-escalate a potentially aggressive situation, and as a last resort how to ‘breakaway’ from an assault. Trying to minimise exposure to danger and ensure that neither the member of staff nor the service user is hurt. Our training will also improve staff confidence and this confidence often results in a reduction of aggression and aggressive behaviour towards staff.
- Define, deal and cope with conflict appropriately, professionally and effectively
- Understand what de-escalation techniques are and how to use them
- Understand the law relating to the use of ‘reasonable force’
- Understand what is Inappropriate and Dangerous techniques
- Demonstrate safe effective practical skills in Physical ‘Non-harmful’ (breakaway) techniques.
This course has been designed so that staff will have the knowledge, understanding and skills that they will need to act safely, lawfully, appropriately and effectively in challenging, confrontational and often dangerous situations.
- Become an effective trainer who inspires and motivates their learners
- Learn the secrets of successful facilitation
- Acquire tools and techniques to present with confidence
- Create a value based learning culture ensuring transfer of learning back to the workplace
- Enable high quality training by recognising and understanding the needs of your learners
Make a booking
Please click below to book a course. We will contact you within 3 working days to confirm your booking.
If you would like to find out more about one of our courses, please fill out the form below.
Free course updates
Please sign up to receive our latest course updates
Share this course