Basic First Aid
Please contact us for available course dates
The half-day basic first aid course and will provide the skills necessary to manage a patient that is not breathing normally, is unconscious, bleeding or is ill or injured prior to the arrival of the emergency services. The course is designed to provide skills to give effective basic life support, treat minor injuries and manage major injuries or illness keeping the patient alive until the emergency services arrive.
- Half-day training
- Suitable for care and support teams and managers
Who will benefit?
The people you support and the teams that provide the support
Course aims and learning outcomes:
- Resuscitation procedures (CPR & AED)
- Preparing for and dealing with emergencies
- How to cope with bleeding, choking, burns & scalds
- Treatment for bites, stings & anaphylactic shock
- How to deal with head, neck and back injuries and with suspected fractures
- Dealing with seizures
Accredited first aid training is also available!
Contact us to discuss how we can support your staff to support the people you support.