Attitudes and Values Training
Location: In-House Duration: 1 day Cost: £350
Our Attitudes and Values day is about all about exploring your own and others attitudes and values to social care and the people who we support. Our in-house Attitudes and Values training is suitable for care and support teams and managers alike.
Course aims and learning outcomes:
By the end of the session attendees will be able to;
- Understand how the values and attitudes of staff can greatly influence the lives of the people they support
- Define ‘Values’, ‘Attitudes’ and ‘Dignity’ and how they affect behaviour
- Understanding how to reflect on our own practice and challenge anything which is not good enough
- Recognising and challenging poor practice
- Putting yourself in the shoes of the people you support
- Recognising the care and support you’d expect for yourself or a loved one
As human beings, we all have our own values, beliefs and attitudes that we have developed throughout the course of our lives. Our family, friends, community and the experiences we have had all contribute to our sense of who we are and how we view the world. During the session attendees will explore how this often effects the people being supported. Often the people being supported are vulnerable and/or who may live a lifestyle that mainstream society views as being different or unacceptable, and attendees will explore the effect that that may have on people being supported. Attendees will explore ways in which people can be supported to ensure the service they receive that meets their needs and helps them to feel empowered.
- This course can be run as bespoke training to meet individual needs.
Please contact us to discuss how we can support your staff to support the people you support.