Venepuncture – Train the Trainer
Location: Birmingham Course Dates: 9th – 12th October 2017
Location: London Course Dates: 19th – 22nd February 2018
Cost: £1500 (£1250 early bird booking discount)
By attending the venepuncture train the trainer course; you will gain confidence, knowledge and understanding in both venepuncture and teaching skills, enabling you to hold your own teaching sessions in venepuncture.
Our venepuncture train the trainer course includes the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF). The training is held over 4 days and also involves an element of self-directed learning. On successful completion you will be awarded a Train the Trainers Certificate in Venepuncture (CPD value 48hrs) and a Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF).
Course Aims – develop participants:
- Knowledge and understanding of venepuncture.
- Knowledge and understanding of teaching, assessment and presenting skills.
- Understanding of professional roles, responsibilities and relationships.
- Understanding of using inclusive learning and teaching approaches.
Learning Outcomes – By the end of the session participants are able to:
- Explain roles, responsibilities and professional boundaries
- Explain legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice
- Explain and demonstrate equality and diversity, inclusivity, and individual learner needs
- Explain how to establishing ground rules, and how to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment
- Explain and demonstrate different types of positive teaching and learning approaches
- Explain the purpose of types of assessment and describe the key features of constructive feedback, and explain how you can give feedback to learners.
- Devise an inclusive teaching and learning plan (session plan) using the relevant pro-forma, for a 15-minute delivery
- Provide clear information and guidance for correct procedure for venepuncture
- Describe infection control issues in venepuncture
- Identify the veins and nerves of the arm
- Differentiate between an artery and a vein
- Demonstrate practical aspects of venepuncture and how to choose an appropriate vein for venepuncture
- Explain the importance of accurate record keeping
Benefits of training with us:
- 2 tutors on every course
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) included
- Training PowerPoints and Lesson Plans
Participants must be at least 19 years of age at certification, there are no specific entry requirements and participants do not need to have teaching or clinical practice hours to achieve this qualification. There is no requirement for learners to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and personal skills in literacy, language, numeracy and information communication technology (ICT), but are expected to have a reasonable level of competence.
Participants will be assessed with holistic approach where possible i.e. giving participants the opportunity to demonstrate several assessment criteria from different units at the same time. Academic writing and referencing of participants work to quotes from text books is not a requirement, however participants will be expected to;
- Complete reflective learning logs
- Deliver a 15 minute micro-teaching session
- Complete a short practical assessment
- Complete a short written assessment
5 Reasons to use Promote Training for your train the trainer learning
- Become an effective trainer who inspires and motivates their learners
- Learn the secrets of successful facilitation
- Acquire tools and techniques to present with confidence
- Create a value based learning culture ensuring transfer of learning back to the workplace
- Enable high quality training by recognising and understanding the needs of your learners
Make a booking
Please click below to book a course. We will contact you within 3 working days to confirm your booking.
If you would like to find out more about one of our courses, please fill out the form below.
Free course updates
Please sign up to receive our latest course updates
Share this course